Please see our application below. To fill it out, you can either:
- Copy & Paste the text below into a word document that can be attached and sent back to us via email.
- Copy & Paste the text below directly in the body of an email to us.
- Print it off and bring it to one of our adoption events.
Our email address is: FosterKitties@gmail.com . It is much more efficient if you email it to us at least 24 hours in advance of an adoptathon so we have time to complete our pre-screening procedures. Thank You!
Feline Adoption Application
City, State, Zip
- Are you interested in adopting a
particular cat? please list name(s) _______________________________
- Are you interested in adopting a cat
or kitten? (please list age range) ______________________________
- When did you decide to adopt a cat
or kitten? ______________________________
- Why are you specifically interested in adopting a cat (versus any other animal)?
- Have you (as an adult) owned and
cared for your own cat before?
- List all of the pets you have had as an adult (current and previous):
|Name||Dog/Cat||Spayed/Neutered||Indoors/Outdoors/Both||What Happened to them?||Age|
- Please list all members of your
household including yourself (family / roommates / frequent visitors)
and their ages:
- Do each of these people agree to adopting a cat?
- Is anyone allergic to cats that you
know of? ______________________________
- Do you own or rent? If you rent, please include complex name and phone number:
- Have you discussed a new cat with
your landlord? ______________________________
- Have you paid any applicable pet
- Who is your current veterinarian? (name, city, phone number – if less than 1 yr, please include your previous veterinarian)
- How often should your cat be taken
to the vets?
- Who will be the primary care taker
for your cat? ______________________________
- Where would your cat be kept during the day AND at nighttime – what type of lifestyle do you want your cat to live (indoor, outdoor, fenced yard, screened porch, etc)? Why?
- Describe how your cat would spend its day:
- Are you planning on declawing your cat – if so, why and by what method?
- Cats often live to be 15 yrs or older – are you ready for this lifelong commitment? ______________________
- Are you willing to give your new cat
an adjustment period? ______________________________
- What behaviors would be unacceptable to you?
- Would you be willing to work on these behaviors with guidance from us? ______________________________
- How would you discipline your cat?
- Excluding your death, under what
circumstances would you return your cat to us (moving, birth of child,
allergies, scratches furniture, divorce / marriage, etc)?
- Have you every applied / adopted
from a rescue group?
- How did you hear about Hobbes House?
Hobbes House Representative: